Good morning, lovers. I thought it’d be appropriate to start this lovely Saturday with a post about one of my favorite things to do: brunch. We’re so lucky that we live in a time that going out for food and drinks during the day with your best friends is a social norm, and I couldn’t be more grateful. I can’t even imagine what Saturdays and Sundays would be like if we didn’t have the option to brunch. A day of rest? Thank you, next (and refill my champagne glass, please)!
Why do we love brunch (I doubt anyone’s asking, but I’ll go ahead and tell you why anyway)? Its cuisine is the perfect blend of breakfast favorites and lunch must-haves, ranging from everyone’s go-to avocado toast, to a good old fashioned cheeseburger. Whether you’re a sweet or savory kind of person, there’s always a delicious option for you to pair your mimosas and/or Bloody Marys with. Plus, it incorporates all the major food groups: dairy, veggies, protein, grains, fruit, and champagne.
Bottomless mimosas saved humanity.
There, I said it. While this may be (a little) dramatic, it’s so freaking true! You pay a flat fee and get to drink as many mimosas as you’d like? Yes, please! I choose where I go to brunch based solely on the fact of whether they offer a bottomless mimosa special. The food could be absolute shit and I’ll still go for the bottomless drinks (kidding… kind of).
Some of my most fun memories have been during or as as result of an amazing time at brunch. Brunch tends to lead to a Sunday Funday, and I’m all for a Sunday Funday. Enjoy your weekend, grab your best friends, and go to brunch. Talk shit, drink champagne, and order the damn French toast for dessert. Calories don’t count at brunch; the only thing that counts is how many mimosas you have.
Below I’ll list some of my favorite brunch places (in no particular order) and a quick reason why I love them.
1. Bulla Gastrobar Coral Gables, Fl- Great food options that are perfect for sharing! My go-to: the Huevos Bulla and Pan con tomate. Bottomless mimosas for $18 and an optional pre-fixe menu for $28 per person. Bonus: there’s perfect lighting outside for a photo-op!
2. American Social Brickell– Fun music and nice waterfront views. The food is pretty good too! I love having brunch here when the weather is nice so I can sit outside.
3. Zuma Brickell– For the low price of $99 (lol), you get to enjoy unlimited drinks from their brunch menu, an entree, and unlimited samplings from their Asian-inspired buffet. Sounds pricey (because it is) but it’s so worth it. It’s a must-do brunch experience if you’re in Miami!
4. Hotel Chantelle New York, NY– I’ve posted about this rooftop brunch spot before, so check it out here.
5. Novecento Brickell– The Argentinian-based restaurant has delicious brunch options, plus bottomless for only $20! Start with some of their empanadas as an appetizer- they’re so yummy! Side-note: you can switch between libations so you don’t have to stick to just one! Try them all; go all in!
For after brunch to continue your Sunday Funday, I definitely recommend Bounce Sporting Club (New York, NY) and Kiki On The River (Downtown Miami). Both places have great music and you’ll have an even greater time!
Please don’t hesitate to let me know of any places you recommend for a good brunch! I’m always down to try someplace new, and I know my friends will be too. Just send me the address (and Open Table link) and I’ll be there soon! Plus, it’s an excuse to dress cute and take pictures. Double win.
Cheers from your favorite brunch babe,
P.S. Always get your mimosas with minimal OJ. Trust me. I basically have a Bachelor’s degree in Brunch.